Friday, January 10, 2014

God is the Judge--Not You

"Do not judge, or you to will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
                                                                                                                Matthew 7:1-2 (TNIV)

Worry about yourselves.  Spend more time looking internally at your own motives and behaviors and less time judging others.  That's what I think I'm learning through all this.  Does this mean I just let people behave however and do or say nothing?  I don't think so.  A book I was reading recently stated the answer to this dilemma more clearly than I have heard before:  "As I process this with God, I feel he has said two thing to me.  First, have I told you what I believe on this subject?  I have.  And second, I believe God is asking me to embrace this reality: It is God's job to judge.  It is my job to love you as he loves you.  I love you."  from The Beauty of the Broken by Elisa Morgan.

 I think my job is to speak the truth and then love.  God is the ultimate judge.  You will ultimately answer to Him.  That is how I want to be judged.  Show me the truth and then love me as I work through changes I need to make.  The above passage says, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged."  That is how I want to be judged:  Be shown the truth and then love me no matter what.  And, I think as a Christian that is my job.  Show the truth and introduce others to God and love them no matter what.  Does that mean I let them hurt me over and over?  No.  But, I love them no matter what.  I don't hurt them on purpose in return.  I love and forgive.  It is not my job to judge.  It is my job to love and to point them to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment