Monday, February 25, 2013

True Wisdom

James 3:13-18

I think I must need to be continually reminded that true wisdom is not about head knowledge.  It's not about listening or learning or hearing or reading.  It's about acting on what you learn.   The Message starts this passage this way: " Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here’s what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It’s the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts."  It doesn't matter what you know or how much you study the word.  It doesn't matter if you search for truth and even find it.  What matters is what you do with it.  It is how you act. 

The Message ends this passage with:  "You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor."  Yet once again we are reminded, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:36-40 NIV).  Easier said than done, I know.  Maybe that's why I keep revisiting it over and over again. 

Verse 17 says "Heavenly wisdom centers on purity, peace, gentleness, deference, mercy, and other good fruits untainted by hypocrisy."  (VOICE)   This is what I strive for.  This is what I try to show my friends, family, neighbors, everyone.  This is why I am continually searching for Heavenly wisdom and spending time with God in prayer and in His Word. 

How do you find Heavenly wisdom?
How do you find peace?

"The seed that flowers into righteousness will always be planted in peace by those who embrace peace."  (James 3:18 VOICE)  Listen to this song about Perfect Peace.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
532.  City bus
533.  Support in town
534.  Confirmation that I'm on the right track
535.  Snow fun

No comments:

Post a Comment