Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Application--Proverbs 34

There is a lot to choose from in application on Psalm 34, but I feel led to focus on verse 14.  "Seek peace and pursue it." (NIV) "Embrace peace—don’t let it get away!" (MSG) "  Search for peace, and work to maintain it" (NLT).  So, I will be pursuing peace.  This doesn't mean just trying to feel peaceful.  It means actively searching for peace and not looking to start fights.  What does that mean to you?  How do we actively search for peace?  I've been spending time in the Word and time with God.    I've been counting my blessings daily and trying to fill my heart with gratitude and peace and not negative feelings.  I'm been trying to "be still" which is easier said than done. 
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2316578851418713497#editor/target=post;postID=3887991062914955306
What are ways to actively search for peace?

Today while I was reading my devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, there was some political stuff I was hearing in the background.  It basically was trying to instill fear of the future and encouraging us to prepare for the bad stuff coming not decades or years from now, but months or weeks.  It actually said that the only one we can depend on is ourselves--not our friends, not our neighbors, and certainly not our government.   I certainly hope that is not the case.  I hope my friends and neighbors can depend on me.  I would like to hope we can depend on each other, but even if that is not the case I can still depend on God and my friends and neighbors can depend on me. 

Here's what I read today:
"My Face is shining upon you, beaming out Peace that transcends understanding.  You are surrounded by a sea of problems, but you are face to Face with Me, your Peace.   As long as you focus on Me, you are safe.  If you gaze too long at the myriad problems around you, you will sink under the weight of your burdens.  When you start to sink, simply call out 'Help me, Jesus!' and I will lift you up.
The closer you live to Me, the safer you are.  Circumstances around you are undulating, and there are treacherous-looking waves in the distance.  Fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes.  By the time those waves reach you, they will have shrunk to proportions of My design.  I am always beside you, helping you to face today's waves.  The future is a phantom, seeking to spook you.  Laugh at the future!  Stay close to me."

Let us all actively search for peace together.
Join me as I begin my meditation on Romans 12.


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new


Thanksgiving for today
432.  Boy Scout surprises
433.  Preparing dinner independently
434.  Questions answered before they're asked
435.  Coupons worth more than the product costs on sale
436.  Trying new products
437.  Clorox wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment