Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Application--Romans 12

Why haven't I posted on this site in a while?  Why has it taken me so long to get to this application?  I'd like to say it's because we're been battling some illness around here and between not feeling well and being the caregiver, I just haven't quite gotten my mind wrapped around this.  I'd like to be able to say that, but it wouldn't be exactly true.  The truth is--This is HARD.  I don't know about you, but at least for me, when you get started really digging into Scripture and looking for truth, it will smack you upside the head.  You will find truth you may not always like or may require you to make some changes.  It's certainly easier to live with a sort of half truth so you can honestly say, "I didn't know."  Well, when you do know, you are responsible to make a choice.  Change your life to live the truth OR knowingly disobey God.  And, although it should be an easy choice, sometimes it's not really.

Romans 12 is a challenging chapter and there is so much to apply to life.  What I am choosing to use at this time in my life is verse 2:
"Do not allow this world to mold you in its own image.  Instead, be transformed from the inside out by renewing your mind.  As a result, you will be able to discern that God wills and whatever God finds good, pleasing, and complete."  So, although it is hard and really makes me examine my own life and whether I am being molded by God or the world, I will continue to search for truth.  I will continue on this journey and I would love to have you join me.

I really want to hear your thoughts as you meditate on this Scripture with me or at least your thoughts after you read mine.

When have you found it easier to live in denial than to face the truth?

Join me as I start meditating on 1 John 4.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
480.  People noticing changes
481.Those who willingly give of themselves
482. When years of hard work finally comes together
483.  Peace
484.  Finding truth in unlikely places
485.  Searching for truth

No comments:

Post a Comment