Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Act Like Children of the Light

Ephesians 5:6-20

I have never read verses 6&7 quite this way before.When I read about "empty words" I've never really thought about this in the context of religious leaders.  However, the Message reads: "Don't let yourselves get taken in by religious smooth talk.  God gets furious with people who are full of religious sales talk but want nothing to do with Him.  Don't even hang around people like that."   So, we need to be careful when people talk religious talk to us.  We need to be familiar with the Bible and in constant communication with God.   Verse 8 of the Voice reads: ". . .Act like children of the light."  I definately want to act like a child of the light, but in order to do that, I need to know how to do that.  That is why I am searching for the truth.  I want to find it for myself in God's Word and not have some religious leader fill my head with empty words.  I want to live verses 9 & 10: "For the fruit of the light is all that is good, right, and true.  Make it your aim to learn what pleases the Lord."


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
569.  Good books
570.  People thinking about my welfare
571.  Clothes all fit and work together
572.  New students
573.  Instructors who care about safety

No comments:

Post a Comment