Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Brings Peace


Philippians 4:4-9

This was a great reminder of what I have really been learning this year.  "
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6-7 NIV)  If I fill my heart with thankfulness, God's peace will fill my heart.  When you are giving thanks, peace and thankfulness fill my heart.  There is no longer room for worry and fear.  This is what I've been trying to do and can testify from experience that it works.  It is not easy to be thankful when the world seems to be falling apart around me, but if I am, God will give me peace.

And this passage tells us once again to put what we are learning into action.  Head knowledge is not enough.  Verse 9 of the VOICE says "Keep to the script: whatever you learned and received and heard and saw in me--do it--and the God of peace will walk with you."  Don't just read it or learn about it--DO IT!!!

Somehow I got off by one day, so I will be posting again today so my 40 days with Jesus will end on Easter.  My thankful thoughts for the day will be with that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment