Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Love Your Brother and Sister

1 John 2:7-11

I am glad that love is a choice and an action.  I do not have to feel loving towards someone in order to act loving.  Loving my brother and sister does not mean I always have warm, fuzzy feelings for them.  It does mean I treat them with kindness and respect.  I treat them as I am commanded to treat others.  I may not always agree with someone, but I can always treat them with love and respect.  Wikipedia says that "hatred it often associated with feelings of anger and a disposition towards hostility."  My MWKS platform talks about when you are giving thanks, your heart is full of thankfulness and peace and there is no room for negative feelings like anger.  I don't think there would be room for hostility either.  What do you think?  What does loving your brother or sister mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment