Saturday, March 23, 2013

You've Got to Do Both

1 John 4:7-21

Here we are again at another passage about love.  Why do you think that is?  Maybe because love is important to God.  Maybe because as we learn to be more like Christ, we must learn to be more loving?  I love the way the Message puts verse 21: "The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people.  You've got to love both."  That is a tall order. 

It's not enough to love God and spend time with Him and in His word learning and growing.  It is important to share that love with those around us.  And, I think it is impossible to truly love others without loving God and accepting His love in return.  We need to be so filled with God's love that is spills out on those around us.  We need to be so loving that those who come in contact with us can't help but be impacted by love.  It should be splashing off and touching all those we come in contact with.  That is my prayer for life, but especially this year as I have the opportunity to meet more people.  May I be so filled with love that all those I come in contact with can't help but get splashed on. :)  Keep me accountable.  Let me know if anything else comes splashing out.


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
Finding comfy, professional, travel worthy clothes
Spring Kick Off Show
Creativity
Loving your Passion
Photo Booth Fun
Working side by side with my daughter
Moms Meals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment