Saturday, March 9, 2013

Depend on God's Strength

Revelation 3:8-11

Reading the letters to the churches in Revelation is quite an interesting experience.  And, it does what it is supposed to do.  When I read them, I for sure want to act like the churches that are praised and avoid behaving like the churches that are being warned.  What I get from this letter to Philadelphia is that keep enduring and obeying His word.  He is coming back--just hold on and keep doing what you know you should be doing.

I was especially encouraged by verse 8: "I know your deeds.  See, I have placed before you an open door, which no one can shut.  I have done this because you have limited strength, yet you have obeyed My word and have not denied My name."  I personally feel week and with limited strength much of the time.  But, I try to keep obeying His word and not denying His name.  It boosts my confidence to know that God opens the door and will not let the enemy shut it regardless of how week I am.  It is His strength that will keep the door open.  I need to learn to obey His word, not deny His name, and lean on His strength.  I don't have to be strong on my own.  I need  to learn to depend on His strength.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
589.  Google
590.  Girls trip
591.  Dressing up for a movie
592.  Theater 8
593.  Uneventful trip to movie

No comments:

Post a Comment