Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We are Not Alone

Luke 11:29-36

OUCH!  That's really all I have to say about today's reading.  If Jesus called His generation "evil" what would He say about ours?   And, if He thought they had no excuse because Ninevah had listened to Jonah with no "proof" and the Queen of Sheba had traveled miles to see Solomon, what is our excuse? 

We have: 1. The written New Testament  2.  Stories from eye witnesses to Christ's resurrection  3.  the Holy Spirit.  And yet, we still do not always believe.  We ask for "signs and spectacles".  And, often we are quick to follow those who provide signs rather than Christ.  Often, we overlook the miracles around us and explain them away.  What is our problem?  The had God (Christ) walking among them.  We have God (the Holy Spirit) living within us.  I've often heard it said and probably said it myself that I would have liked to live when I could see some of the Old Testament miracles.  But, that is not really true.  I would much rather live when I can have the Holy Spirit living within me and guiding me.  I would much rather have the Bible as a guidebook for life.  Is it easy to live in this generation?   NO WAY!  But, I am not alone.  In John 16:33 Jesus told me, "“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  We are not alone!!  Quit acting like it.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
611.  Accountability Partner
612.  Finding a better time to work out
613.  Shellac manicure
614.  Teachers willing to address parent concerns
615.  Being able to easily solve a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment