Friday, March 8, 2013

Press On


Philippians 3:12-16

"I'm not there yet, no have I become perfect: but I am charging on to gain anything and everything the Anointed One, Jesus, has in store for me--and nothing will stand in my way because He has grabbed me and won't let me go."  (Philippians 3:12 VOICE)

This is my desire and my goal in life.  I want to charge on OR "press on."  I want to keep moving forward and not only searching for truth, but pressing on and living what I'm learning.  It's not enough to have the head knowledge, it's important to use what we learn.  We are to use what we know, but keep pressing forward to learn more and more.

 The Life Application Study Bible says, "Those who are mature should press on in the Holy Spirit's power, knowing that Christ will reveal and fill in any discrepancy between what we are and what we should be.  Christ's provision is no excuse for lagging devotion, but it provides relief and assurance for those who feel driven.  Christian maturity involves acting on the guidance that you have already received.  We can always make excuses that we still have so much to learn.  The instruction for us is to live up to what we already know and live out what we have already learned.  We do not have to be sidetracked by an unending search for truth."

In order for God to reveal the truth to us, we have to stay in communion with Him.  It is impossible to press on when we do not have an ongoing relationship with God.  In order to "sprint toward the goal" we need to stay in touch with God.  Keep you eyes on the finish line and always move forward.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
583.  Power chair
584.  Shared excitement
585.  Surprise visitors
587.  Inter library loans
588.  Delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment