Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stay Attached to Your Head


Colossians 2:16-23

We must be careful not to get caught up in a "religion" that is focused on following man made rules and traditions.  We need to be focused on relationship and staying connected to our Head--Christ.  I just saw a picture of self drawn by a woman struggling with anorexia.  She had drawn her head disconnected to her body.  Obviously, that is not a picture of health.  With her feeling of head disconnection,  her body was ailing physically.  She was killing herself.  When we are disconnected from our head, we are killing our body (the church).  It is only when the Head (Christ) is connected that the body is healthy and working as it should.  Growth of the body can only happen when we are connected to the Head.  If someone tells me something I should observe or should be doing, may I always test it through the Bible and prayer and see if it's truly from the Head.  

My study of humility this month, led me to really focus on verse 18: "Don't be cheated out of the prize by others who are peddling the worship of heavenly beings and false humility." What is false humility?  I think it is pretending to think less of yourself and look down on yourself.  It is talking down about yourself so you can appear to be more spiritual.  But, it is really the opposite of true humility  It is really focusing attention on yourself and how great you are with this whole humility thing.  I don't think if we are truly humble, we will say how humble we are.  What do you think?  True humility is between you and God and always trying to keep Him first before our own agenda.  Easier said than done.  And, I don't believe it is something we will ever accomplish fully until Heaven.  So, it is something I will always strive to work on.


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
594;  Yummy breakfast appreciated by all
595.  Smart decisions that allowed us all to stay safe and warm
596.  Popcorn
597.  Everyone knowing what's coming next while watching The Bible
598.  Silent Auction


No comments:

Post a Comment