Friday, March 22, 2013

We Are His Children

1 John 3:1-3

We are adopted children of God.  Not when we get to Heaven.  But now.  We are His children and He is our father.  Now, I know that may not excite everyone who reads that.  Some have not had the privilege of having loving parents here on Earth.  That breaks my heart.  How can you understand just how awesome it is to be adopted by God when you've never truly experienced the love of a parent for their children?  I for one am fortunate to have experienced a loving, healthy relationship with my parents.  I have experienced a loving, healthy relationship with my children.  I can see this from both perspectives--sort of.  Not a one of us can really see it from the perspective of God's love for us.  He is perfect.  We are not.  Earthly parents will have moments of frustration and will sin and not always have the perfect relationship with their children.  This is not true of God.  He will always show perfect love.  I wish I could say the same, but I am learning and growing one day at a time.  I am not perfect and never will be on Earth, but I hope my children and my parents can respond with forgiveness and grace when I mess up.  I know God does. And, I am so thankful for that.


If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
Open doors
Communication with total strangers
Being remembered
Making an impact
Music store close to home
Planning ahead
Forecast changing
Finding what you need when you need it
Forgiveness
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment