Saturday, March 2, 2013

Prayer for God's People


Ephesians 1:15-19


Paul put into words what I hope others are praying for me and what I am praying for myself.  I've been convicted to pray this for people in my life.  Here's the VOICE translation of the prayer in verses 17-19:

"God of our Lord Jesus the Anointed, 
Father of Glory: I call out to You
 on behalf of your people.  Give them minds 
ready to receive wisdom and revelation.
so they will truly know You.  Open the
eyes of their hearts, and let the light
of Your truth flood in.  Shine Your light
on the hope You are calling them to 
embrace.  Reveal to them the glorious 
riches You are preparing for their
inheritance.  Let them see the full extent of
Your power that is at work in those of us
who believe,  and may it be done according
to Your might and power."

This is what I pray for all of us.  Those of us who have accepted Christ are not waiting for His power.  It is at work within us.  May we all realize that and not have fear that we are doing things on our own.  Christ is within us and it is His power that gives us strength.  Please pray this for me and if you would like me to specifically pray it for you, let me know.

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new


Thanksgiving for today
551.  Kids desire to help others 
552.  Dog's hair regrowth
553.  Maintaining a relationship with an old friend
554.  Register rewards
555.  Ship to store
556.  Finding the perfect item

No comments:

Post a Comment