Wednesday, March 6, 2013

He Ran to Me


Luke 15:11-32

Every time I think about this story, I think about this song.  It was introduced into my life during a choir tour in college by a good friend.  For me, the lesson that grabs at my heart when I read "The Prodigal Son" is that the father ran.  He was watching for the son and waiting for him to come home.  And then he ran!  No scolding, no putting the son at arm's length and making him earn his place in the family.  It was an immediate show of love and affection.  He ran and welcomed him home with a celebration no matter what the son had done.  I'm so thankful that is how God responds to us.  When we turn away, He watches and RUNS the minute we head home.  We are welcomed with open arms and embraced back into the family immediately.  All we need to do is turn to Him.

What are your thoughts about "The Prodigal Son" parable?  Which part jumps out to touch your heart the most?

If you like reading my posts, please consider following me. It's an easy way to know when I've posted something new

Thanksgiving for today
574.  Lent breakfast
575.  Quick shopping
575.  Sonic
576.  Planning ahead
577.  Seasonal items
578.  Libraries

No comments:

Post a Comment